Saturday, 24 June 2017

Factory Honda Dakar replica project

I have always been an admirer of the whole Paris Dakar rally world and this particular bike as far as I'm aware was never actually entered.
There is very little information on this creation but from what I can gather it was a collaboration between Honda and Total , this was apparently a concept/research and development project.
Though details are scarce the pictures do hold enough info to recreate this completely awesome machine (as close as I can).

Here are the only pictures I could find.,....



I have managed to find a suitable donor for this project in the form of a Honda XR650L.
This will be of course a more modern and more user friendly prospect with a 650 electric start engine and a rear disc brake.


Progress so far........


2 comments:

  1. wow! This is a great project. I admire the way you are conducting the project. Your blog is a great source of inspiration for me and it motivates me to do different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments, glad you like the bikes.
    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete